Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sewing 101

Mommy and I have been planning to make me a ladybug apron for quite a while. This week we finally got it done! It was really fun to learn what goes into a sewing project. We started with fabric that was left over from decorating my room (my curtains and a throw pillow match):

First I got to cut out the pieces using my new school scissors. I do pretty well cutting from one point to another...just don't draw me a line or I'll spaz out when it's not perfect!

We didn't use a pattern, just measured the pieces on me as we went along.

It was hard work sitting on Mom's lap and being in charge of the pins and backstitch button. I thought we needed to stop and make some funny faces for the camera while we were working.


I looked through Mommy's big box of buttons and picked out the four that I liked the best. We sewed two on each pocket!

I'm very proud of my first sewing project!

No comments: