Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer News!

This was the first year we went to the Raymore fishing derby and it turned out to be a really fun morning for our family! Kai made our only catch...and it was big enough to get recorded at 10.5" and 9 oz. He was proud as punch and his picture was in the paper this week! I was pretty bummed about not catching anything...my pole even broke in half when my hook got stuck on some grass, but the yummy snacks in our goodie-bags helped make up for that!

Then...ta-dah! Mommy finally let me get my hair cut off real short like Naomi's! I LOVE it!! Mommy is already missing my long braids so I let her put a braid in this morning...around my head like a headband...does that make sense? Well, she says it was super cute anyway. Today at church I got to show all my friends and they liked it too.

Here is a picture from Mother's Day...we all went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. We were there for about 3 hours since the line was so long...ugh! You can see Aunt Chrissy's baby bump in this picture...but you can't see it in person any more...she had baby Will last Thursday and he is sooooo cute! We don't have his pictures off the camera yet, but some will be up soon. He has dark hair and is just super sweet.


Two of my cousins had first birthday parties yesterday...Happy Birthday Annalise and Lily...and Aunt Jodi announced this week that they are going to have a new baby in January! So by next year we'll have 8 cousins...and all younger than me! Wow.

Well, stay tuned and I might even blog again soon. I have a busy week ahead while I finish up swim lessons, go to storytime, run through the sprinkler and maybe can talk mom into taking me to the pool!

Luv, Elena

No comments: